1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

CB Radios???

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by Scooter, Nov 3, 2011.

1. Scooter

Scooter Rockstar 100 Posts

Does anyone still run CB radios? just asking, I just purchased a new cobra with digital face, and a dual 4ft whip setup...Let me see some of yalls setups....

COBRA 29 LX CB RADIO.JPG
  2. tbplus10

tbplus10 Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts Platinum Contributor

I still use an old Cobra and an old Midland with SSB, I've got the vehicles wired but I never put permanant mounts in them since I dont leave the radios in when their parked.
    I like the look of that digital face it might be time to upgrade.
  3. sgtsjj

sgtsjj Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

i have a cobra radio with dual 3 foot whips, really just gonna use it for on the trails with my buddies so i dont need to long of antennas. ill get a pick or two up here soon of the set up
  4. Crawdaddy

Crawdaddy Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

In the Suburban I run a Galaxy DX959 with a mag-mount Wilson Lil' Will antenna. Works quite well considering the sub-par antenna.

[​IMG]
  5. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

They still have their place as there are places that we like to go camping where there is no cell phone service and if you're gonna communicate then that's a good way to do it.
  6. silverhobey

silverhobey Rockstar 3 Years 500 Posts

10-4 good buddies ....got ya comin' on..watch-out for the smokey on your tail....Can you tell
    I'd like to get one !!!!
  7. Sierraowner5.3

Sierraowner5.3 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

I've got a fairly simple cobra with dual 3' antennas. Pics are in my album. They have there place like alot of thinga. Plus they work when phones don't.

Alex