1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

cd player adapter??

Discussion in 'Audio, Video & Gadget Tech' started by TroyT, Jun 20, 2009.

1. TroyT

TroyT Member

hi guys, i'm trying to install an after market deck in my 05' silverado2500hd. the simple clip in adapter/harness i would use on any car i've ever installed (in a non amplified unit) is apparently not advised. i'm told i should use this $120 harness with door chime controls, nav and other useless crap. will i run into computer probs like check engine light and such if i go for just a cheap adapter? thanx

http://www.installer.com/item/display_item.php?it=GMOS-01
  2. 5speedsilverado

5speedsilverado Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

3. TroyT

TroyT Member

i would just use the white harness in that picture. are u saying to buy the one with the little box and stuff.
  4. TroyT

TroyT Member

found one at a local audio shop for $50. popped it in works great. now for some new speakers/4 chan amp. never satisfied.:great:
  5. grimreapersshadow

grimreapersshadow Rockstar 100 Posts

best buy carry's them also you can just go to there audio shop and buy one from them