CD player help!

Discussion in 'Audio, Video & Gadget Tech' started by unknown19, Jun 15, 2008.

1. unknown19

unknown19 Rockstar

I go out to my truck today to go fishin with my dad for fathers day, I get in my truck, start it, and eject the old CD, go to put the new one in and it won't accept it. It will eject but won't take the CD in the CD player. What could be the problem??? any help or suggestions is appreciated!

2. TylerR04

TylerR04 Rockstar

I have had this problem before on stock and after market cd players. Could be a couple different things from what I know about it (not a whole lot but a little). I've heard of the motor that ejects the cd can become stuck do to it being old, dirty, or just plain broken. If it's a stock cd player it might be worth the money to get an after market player and not have to deal with it. I don't really know of a way to fix it other than getting a new one or trying to take apart the cd player and doing some poking around. Good Luck!

3. nikkeshelton

nikkeshelton Member 2 Years 100 Posts

I have tried to repair old players and found that when one part goes it is not long till another part gives out. If cleaning and lubing doesn't help just ditch it for an aftermarket.