Newest Gallery Photos

1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

cd player won't eject in 2005 Colorado

Discussion in 'Chevy Colorado Forum (GMC Canyon)' started by uptight, Jan 7, 2011.

1. uptight

uptight New Member

Hi
    my 05 canyon stock cd(single)player wont eject..I put a burned cd in it.it plays the songs but clicks rapitly several times and stops and says ck cd.any ideas on getting it out? many thanks...Fred
  2. retired2001

retired2001 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Welcome to the G M T C ! I don't know if the Colorado has the same problems that the Silverado does, buy my '04 Silverado I traded in had a CD stuck it the radio. I was able to work with a knife and finally get one out, but the next time it was used it did the same thing. Maybe some of the other members will be able to help out, good luck!
  3. uptight

uptight New Member

Thanks for the tip...I'll give it a try.........btw This seems to be a excellent forum and i wiil enjoy beloning to it..Thanks again .......fred
  4. DAREDEVIL

DAREDEVIL Rockstar 4 Years 1000 Posts

unhook the batt for about 1 hour and then try again.
  5. uptight

uptight New Member

Hi...
    allready tried that.I stupidlly put a pc burnt disc in and from what i hear thats a no-no.going to try the knife trick and see if ican get it out that way...Thanks for the advise...Fred
  6. WestCoastColy

WestCoastColy Rockstar ROTM Winner 100 Posts

The stock HUs like to eat CDs after a while. Mine had a bought CD stuck in it.
  7. joer34985

joer34985 New Member

My Colorado has a 6 disk changer in and mine did the same exact thing. i had 6 disks stuck in and and could do nothing to get them out. i eventually had to pull the HU out and open it manually to remove the CD's. I had combination of burned and bought CD's. I still have one left in whichi cant get to without destroying the radio.
  8. songkrai

songkrai New Member

My 2010 Colorado single CD radio.
    Same issue.
    Radio replaced under warranty.
  9. RED Z71

RED Z71 New Member

I have the same problem with my 05 Colarado. Has anybody installed an aftermarket radio for this reason? If so what brand was it and did you have to do any modifications around the face plate.
  10. PantheraUncia

PantheraUncia Active Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

It depends on what you want, and how much you want to spend. There are a number of "good" after market stereo's. If you like to fiddle with settings and fine tune everything, then Kenwood Excelon's are one of the top brands. Do not get the regular line Kenwoods though. Kenwood stands behind their numbers (power ratings) and have allot of nice features.

When I moved to Kenwood, their top of the line single DIN unit sold for around $699 now their top of the line single DIN unit is $299 + what ever the shop is going to charge you to install it.

Now you can install it yourself. Typically you need 3 basic things on top of the new unit. 1. is the wiring harness adapter. Second is your antenna adapter, and last is the face plate kit.

If you have special things like steering wheel controls, then another adapter is needed also.

The nice thing about going after market in an older truck is 1. the CD player is usually better quality. My Kenwood Excelon KDC-X996 has Blue tooth (Hands Free Calling( that was not available back in 2000 on my truck); USB for Ipod/Ipad/ or USB drives with MP3's, WMA files, or ACC files. I forgot to mention it also has an HD radio tuner ( I use this allot around here),

Kenwood also has an app I use on my andriod phone that connects over blue tooth if I want to stream music from the internet into my head unit or even mp3's on the phone.

The only thing it does not have is a DVD or Blue Ray drive...... but plug the phone into a charger and mount it somewhere and you can watch movies on the phone with the sound coming through the speakers in the truck.

Here are the features from Kenwood:

[h=5]General features:[/h]
    • CD receiver with AM/FM tuner
    • built-in MOSFET amplifier (22 watts RMS/50 peak x 4 channels)
    • plays CDs, CD-Rs, and CD-RW discs including discs loaded with MP3 and WMA music files
    • built-in HD Radio tuner
    • built-in Bluetooth for hands-free calling and audio streaming
    • fold-down detachable face with selectable 5- or 3-line line display, plus variable display and control colors
    • remote control
    [h=5]Audio features:[/h]
    • 13-band equalizer
    • Sound Excellence DSP with speaker size settings, plus high- and low-pass crossovers
    • digital time alignment
    • Supreme Setting improves the sound of files encoded at low bit rates
    • bass boost
    • subwoofer controls
    [h=5]Expandability:[/h]
    • iPod/iPhone direct control via USB input — no adapter necessary, but adding Kenwood's optional connecting cable lets you leave your iPod cable at home
    • Pandora control with iPhone, Android, and Blackberry
    • compatible with Kenwood's Music Control app for Android phones
    • compatible with SiriusXM tuner
    • inputs: rear auxiliary and USB inputs
    • outputs: 6-channel preamp outputs (4-volt front, rear, and subwoofer)
    I usually purchase stereo's from local shops, but this time I went and got it from Crutchfield because they include everything you need and basic instructions ( with the exception of the steering wheel control cable, that is extra).

http://www.crutchfield.com/p_113KDCX996/Kenwood-Excelon-KDC-X996.html?tp=5684
    Last edited: Aug 25, 2012