1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

CEL bulb replacement 2004 silverado

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by splash07s, May 13, 2013.

1. splash07s

splash07s New Member

2004 2500HD chevrolet. CEL was on but went out while driving. Had the truck at the stealership for some other repairs and they said that the CEL bulb was burnt out but that it could not be repaired, in order to get it on again would mean replacing the whole cluster. Is this true or am I able to remove the cluster and solder in a new bulb?
  2. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

you can remove the cluster and solder in a new bulb. Search you tube. There are plenty of videos of how to do it. Alternatively, you can pull the cluster and send it out. I know of a reputable place in Texas that for $125 will replace all the bulbs (any color you want or LED upgrade) and all of the stepper motors. My cousin shipped his there. He used his GPS on his phone to track his speed for the 3 days it was gone. PM me if you want the company info.
  3. splash07s

splash07s New Member

do you know if on the 2004 the CEL has a bulb or an LED?
  4. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

should just be a bulb, but they are soldered in
  5. splash07s

splash07s New Member

thanks I will update once I solve the mystery