1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Cell Phone and Driving

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by asstda2b, Jul 2, 2008.

1. asstda2b

asstda2b Rockstar 100 Posts

Anyone in California????? Did anyone get a ticket yet for driving with a cell phone. I saw on the news if you bring your ticket in to this one cell phone store, they will give you a free bluetooth.
  2. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Similar laws have been passed all around the country. Studies have shown that any inattentive driving can cause accidents, like tuning the radio or even a deep conversation with a passanger. I think people are smart enough to live w/o extra laws like this, cops have enough to do.
  3. dwill3015

dwill3015 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Washington State just passed that law as well. I own a bluetooth and use it while driving (when I remember to) but my favorite is the hands-free calling through Onstar.
  4. omegafiler

omegafiler Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

I absolutely hate seeing people talking on the cell phone and doing stupid stuff on the road. Such as cutting people off, driving slow, sitting at green lights, etc. All because they feel their conversation on the phone is more important.

Around here you see people on the phones 24/7. I mean, who is everybody talking to at 5am?! Is there some national registry where you can find a phone buddy that you can call up and talk to when you're bored? I mean, seriously.

However, I don't like that idea of giving cops yet something else pointless they have to do as well. But if the law gets people to hang up the phone every once in awhile and pay attention to driving for a change, hopefully it'll work out.
  5. Pete95Sierra

Pete95Sierra Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

it is illegal in jersey now too i think, but i dont know about that whole free bluetooth thing
  6. unplugged

unplugged Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Jawbone 2 rules

I bought the new Jawbone 2 with "noise assassin"
    Check out the youtube demo. It is an awesome bluetooth headset.
    [media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AxGVH39rlFQ[/media]
  7. asstda2b

asstda2b Rockstar 100 Posts

i completely agree with you. On the way home from work, i will drive behind a car going slow and leaving these huge gaps between the car in front of them, or they will stop really far back when they see brake lights, as soon as i can pass them, i see they have a phone to their ear and barely watching the road. seriously, the traffic here sucks already and they just make it worse.
  8. TomsHHR

TomsHHR Rockstar ROTM Winner 100 Posts

I found a ford van that has a cell phone with a round cross out over it on the back with "Shut-up and Drive!" as the caption.:lol:

Pulled up along side and what is the driver doing with a cell phone in his ear.... Go Figure.. I honked at him..:lol: