1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Center cap mod!

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by ChevyBoy2009, Jan 16, 2014.

1. ChevyBoy2009

ChevyBoy2009 Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts

Has anyone tried this mod yet?...pretty easy...heat them up with a blow dryer and peel it off then use Goo Gone to clean up residue...what do you guys think?

DSC01155.jpg
    DSC01159.jpg
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2014
  2. 99'HEARTBEAT

99'HEARTBEAT Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

It Looks Good, Sharp Looking Silverado!!
  3. TRPLXL2

TRPLXL2 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

I did this with my camaro wheels, and they get a lot of comments good and bad.
  4. summitwhite11

summitwhite11 Member 100 Posts

I think they look good installed on the wheels clean like that.
  5. ChevyBoy2009

Just a FYI...this is not my truck i posted pictures of(dang close tho)...i found this on the internet and was thinking about doing it to my truck...think i should?...looks clean this way i think...if i do ill take photos of the process to help anybody out that wants to do it
  6. summitwhite11

summitwhite11 Member 100 Posts

Doing this kind of sparks the need for some billet bow ties at front and rear.
  7. ChevyBoy2009

Doing this gets rid of the stupid gold and black look...makes the rim look "full"...ill do one tonight...if i dont like it, ill paint the "bowtie" part black
  8. BigBlueLB756

BigBlueLB756 Rockstar 100 Posts

Here's a Cheap-*ss mod for any GMC guys/gals interested.

[​IMG]

Speedway/Wirth's Rod Shop/or such hot rod vendor for the bullets.
  9. the phantom

the phantom Active Member 2 Years ROTM Winner Gold Member 1000 Posts

10. squatchy

squatchy Member 100 Posts

Do like. I've been thinking about vinyl overlay on mine, but was undecided because I really would rather match my powder coat instead of doing them white but the contrast in blue to black wouldn't be very noticeable. This with vinyl on the emblems seems the way to go.