1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Center Console 2008 Silverado

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by hotrodking86, Nov 5, 2013.

1. hotrodking86

hotrodking86 Rockstar 100 Posts

Hey guys,

So I have a 2008 Silverado with the two cup jump seat. That open top has always bugged the heck out of me. I plan on buying the 3 cup jump seat one day when I have the 500 dollars. Until then I found a 40 dollar solution on eBay, this guy makes a piece that attaches to the top of the opening with 3M Velcro and has a leather tab for a hinge. It allows you to put that console up without any of your crap falling out. I received mine within 4 or 5 days of ordering and am extremely happy with it. It is a black that matches my ebony interior. If you guys have the same issue as me you should definitely check this out.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/300995739596?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

2. ChevyFan

ChevyFan November Beard Grower - Cancer Fighter Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

That's pretty clever.

3. Geister

Geister Rockstar

Nice find!

4. dirtdobber

dirtdobber New Member

I looked at it closely. That would be easy to make. The hinge needs improving that is on ebay.
    It is a single small strap.

5. hotrodking86

hotrodking86 Rockstar 100 Posts

Well for the price I would rather not hassle to make it. I haven't even used the hinge, I just pull it up and put it back after I get what I need. To each their own.

6. dirtdobber

dirtdobber New Member

yea it is good it is being offered without a big price tag.

I am a fabricator, so I make lot of the stuff I need. I like the idea a lot. May have to make one. It is getting cold here now so bike riding and out door things are over. Got to have something to do.