center console removal

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by Ru-one, Nov 29, 2013.

1. Ru-one

Ru-one New Member

How do I remove the center console between the bucket seats in my '05 extended cab pick up? (the big plastic thing). Is the 40/20/40 seat a one piece or three?

2. 99'HEARTBEAT

99'HEARTBEAT Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

To remove the Center Console, you first need to un-bolt-n-remove both the Driver and Passenger-Side Seats(Pictures Below)and then Unbolt the Center Console(Diagram Below)from the floor and then from the bottom of the Dash......the 40/20/40 Seat is One Piece(Diagram below)and it will bolt right in the mounting points"On the Floor"where the Center Console was mounted.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This Front Bucket Seat, Center Console Swap, this is from another Chevy/GM Forum.....hopefully these pictures can help you out with your Console Swap.

Before:
    [​IMG]

During:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

After
    [​IMG]

3. Ru-one

Ru-one New Member

Thanks 99'heartbeat. Those schematics are real helpful. What I want to do is just add the center fold down section which looking at the pics it can be added. I like the additional room at the seating area and floor (trans hump) it gives.