1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

center console removal

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by Ru-one, Nov 29, 2013.

1. Ru-one

Ru-one New Member

How do I remove the center console between the bucket seats in my '05 extended cab pick up? (the big plastic thing). Is the 40/20/40 seat a one piece or three?
  2. 99'HEARTBEAT

99'HEARTBEAT Moderator Staff Member ROTM Winner Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts

To remove the Center Console, you first need to un-bolt-n-remove both the Driver and Passenger-Side Seats(Pictures Below)and then Unbolt the Center Console(Diagram Below)from the floor and then from the bottom of the Dash......the 40/20/40 Seat is One Piece(Diagram below)and it will bolt right in the mounting points"On the Floor"where the Center Console was mounted.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This Front Bucket Seat, Center Console Swap, this is from another Chevy/GM Forum.....hopefully these pictures can help you out with your Console Swap.

Before:
    [​IMG]

During:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

After
    [​IMG]

3. Ru-one

Ru-one New Member

Thanks 99'heartbeat. Those schematics are real helpful. What I want to do is just add the center fold down section which looking at the pics it can be added. I like the additional room at the seating area and floor (trans hump) it gives.