Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Center console swap to jump seat

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by highlander44, May 16, 2012.

1. highlander44

highlander44 New Member

Hi Guys,
    I have a 2007 2500hd classic that i am installing a front jump seat in to fit all of our family. I have all the parts to do the swap but trying to find a step by step instructions for doing this. i found a thread before where a guy had posted it with all the pictures, now i cant find it. If anyone has a link to this post or pictures of their swap it would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

2. moogvo

moogvo Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

If I am not mistaken, the front seat bolts hold the third seat down. As for the console, that might mount the same way. Otherwise, a big hammer to remove?

3. aloxdaddy99

aloxdaddy99 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

What are you going to do with the center console? If you are going to sell it send me a PM please. It should fit an 11 1500.

4. dadngt

dadngt Rockstar 100 Posts

I know we are in different body styles but I would like to know if the jumpseat is its own seperate seat or if its one big piece like a bench seat?

5. Tpryor

Tpryor New Member

I'm looking to do the opposite of this.. I was thinking of going from a jumpseat to a console in my singlecab. Let me know how that goes for you. I'm worried about the exact fitment for mine, I'd rather not have to drill new holes. Anybody converted either way?

6. Scooter

Scooter Rockstar 100 Posts

The drivers and passenger seats bolt down the middle whether it's a jump seat or center console. No new holes that I recall....I took the center out all together.

7. Patman

Patman Rockstar

there are 4 bolts per front seat and take the seats out... there is also 4 bolts at the botom of the center console in the big conpartment... then there is 2 bolts behind the pockets under the heater controls. should just lift out from there if i remember correctly.

8. Elwulf

Elwulf New Member

Yes, the jumpseat is its own seperate seat. In fact, one can swap out the fixed center seat with the fold-down jumpseat which can also be switched out the center console. They are all interchangeable with each other & all use the same mounting holes. Also, if somebody wanted to build a custom center console, they can remove the mounting bracket from center console/seat & use it to attach the unit.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, the jumpseat is its own seperate seat. In fact, one can swap out the fixed center seat with the fold-down jumpseat which can also be switched out the center console. They are all interchangeable with each other & all use the same mounting holes. Also, if somebody wanted to build a custom center console, they can remove the mounting bracket from center console/seat & use it to attach the unit.

- - - Updated - - -

9. lindsaynuts8

lindsaynuts8 Member

you will have to drill holes in the box to get the center counsil in. i have one in my regular cab and i wanted to switch the a 60/40 seat and the bolts were drilled right in the bottom of the cab