Newest Gallery Photos

1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Center Console swap

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by rileyjr16, Jul 15, 2013.

1. rileyjr16

rileyjr16 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

What's up everyone. I have a question about doing a center console swap on my 99 Sierra. I found a center console from a '04 Yukon with the Bose subwoofer and the rear radio controls. I was wondering if I can somehow get that to bolt right on to my truck. I like the look of the newer consoles better and the more available room on them.

Anyone know if its a direct swap or do I have to mod it some to get it to fit?
  2. KyleZ71

KyleZ71 Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts ROTM Winner

Im pretty sure pre 2003 silverado's you would have to mod it to get it to work
  3. stchman

stchman Active Member 1 Year 1000 Posts

The console might bolt in, but it's unlikely that the subwoofer and rear controls will work as your 99 probably does not have the wiring for that stuff.
  4. Sierraowner5.3

Sierraowner5.3 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

console should work, dont think anything else will tho.

when you making it up this way?

Alex
  5. rileyjr16

Ill be in Norfolk today. In North Carolina right now.

I'd probably pop off the woofer and rear controls and put a woofer there and maybe a "custom" cubby hole in the rear.
  6. Bowtied

Bowtied Rockstar 100 Posts

From where did you obtain the console and how much did u pay if u dont mind me asking, i have a "work bench" up front with no console, but the hardware appears to be there for a direct bolt on center console that goes from the back of the front seats all thew way up to the bottom of the dash, as well as some units which end shortly after the cup holders
  7. rileyjr16

I found one on Craigslist. Didn't buy it. Doing the research first
  8. RAV52202

RAV52202 Member 100 Posts

You will need to take the seats out and get the base plate as well. That is what the console bolts to. At least I had to when i did my swap. But i did have the middle seat as well. Im glad I did the swap on my truck.
  9. rileyjr16

I have the stock center center console already. Is it the same base plate or will I have to swap them out as well?
  10. RAV52202

RAV52202 Member 100 Posts

I Believe they are the same. Not 100% sure though. I just wanted to make sure if you had the center seat that you got the base plate.