Center console

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by phatboy69, Aug 13, 2009.

1. phatboy69

phatboy69 New Member

I'm looking to replace the front center seat on my 04' 1500 work model. I'm want to put in a center console. I'm probably gonna go to the local salvage yard to find one in good shape. Do most models come with a center console or are they mostly 60/40 seats.

2. retired2001

retired2001 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

I would bet that most of the "cloth" seats you find will be "60/40" and the leather will be individual w/console. Good luck!

3. phatboy69

phatboy69 New Member

The work model I have are actually buckets with an individual seat in the center. I'll end up probably having to buy something aftermarket. Short of replacing the whole front seat.

4. 2ToNe04

2ToNe04 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

get the whole center console not the seat, but the one with the glove box and cig lighters.

:)

5. loic

loic Rockstar

is there any aftermarket console that will fit and look good?

6. Loggerhead Mike

Loggerhead Mike Rockstar 100 Posts

the only difference is the base modles have the "jump seat" and the others have the consol on the jump seat. they are the same seat, just ours is stationary. your best bet is a junkyard or find a used one on the net. all ive found are around 2-300.

it'll be a direct swap, the seat bottom/bracket ect are all the same

7. 99'HEARTBEAT

99'HEARTBEAT Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Last edited: Aug 20, 2009
  8. 2ToNe04

2ToNe04 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

9. lancer

lancer Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts ROTM Winner

my 06 work truck has the cloth buckets with a completely seperate jump seat in the middle. mine was the kind that wouldn't fold down i got lucky enough that a friend rolled his 04 and he gave me the center console. i had to change the fabric but it bolted right in.