Center Console

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by KyleZ71, Jan 21, 2012.

1. KyleZ71

KyleZ71 Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts ROTM Winner

I know a lot of you guys like the center jump seat but I can't stand it. :grrrrrr: The lid is broken (and $100 for a replacement lid is bull) and never use it due to the fact its wayyyyy too crowded. I know it's possible to but the center console in, and was wondering if anyone did it (or anyone has their old one hanging around)

2. Jimmeh

Jimmeh Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

I'm confused....are you trying to put a full length center console in or are you just wanting to swap to another jump seat style? If you don't have a floor shifter for your 4WD, you shouldn't have an issue with a full length other than not having arm rests in your seat and the console being LOOOOOOOOW! If you are just wanting to take it out and put a new one in, it's four bolts on the bottom to just take the seat out (or you can remove the whole assembly by removing the lower bolts off of the drivers and passenger seats to take everything including the cup holder). It's a big PITA because there isn't much room to work and they put loc tite on the bolts (or at least they did on mine) but it's doable.

3. KyleZ71

Im wanting to put the full length in. My father's 04 Tahoe has it in and I like it so much more than my pos jump seat. The spring loaded lid was just a horrible idea imo.

4. Jimmeh

Jimmeh Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

Like I said, the only hang up you'll have is a lack of arm rests on your current seats, or if you have a floor mounted transfer case shifter instead of the electronic shifter mounted on the dash to the left of the steering wheel. The full length came with seats with built in arm rests due to the lower position of the console. Pretty sure the console bolts in at the same lower locations as the center jump seat brackets, and four screw bolts to the lower part of the dash.

5. KyleZ71

Yeah my 4wd is just the electronic push buttons, no worries there. I drove my fathers tahoe (with center console) and i never use the arm rests due to the fact i usually only drive with my right arm. I no it uses the same bolt holes and all that I was just wondering if anyone else has done it or did the reverse swap

Last edited: Jan 21, 2012