1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

central fuse box...circuit breaker for DRL's????

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by buckmeister2, Dec 16, 2012.

1. buckmeister2

buckmeister2 Member

still working on the DRL's, and appreciate all the input. bulbs are new...vehicle running in drive, emerg. brake on...still no drl's. did the auto headlight system reset several times, no change....

in the central fuse box, there is a 10 amp DRL fuse (which is new), and a large grey block just above it which is marked "DRL" on the schematic. It looks like a circuit breaker. I cannot see how to get it off, but am wondering, since it is marked on the schematic as DRL, could that be faulty, causing no DRL's?

Guess you can tell I really want my DRL's to work.....

Jim
    buckmeister2
    las vegas
  2. stchman

stchman New Member 1000 Posts

IIRC, the DRLs turn off when the emergency brake is set.
  3. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

like [MENTION=57614]stchman[/MENTION] said, they turn off with the e brake on. What you are referring to is a relay. That could be your problem. They pull straight up. They are not all that easy to get out by hand. You can use a pair of pliers to wiggle it a little as you pull up. Then pull one from your headlights (one that you know works) and put in place of the DRL relay. If they work then you found your issue. I think that that relay is around $14