1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

CGS intakes/exhaust & MBRP exhaust

Discussion in 'Performance & Fuel' started by PIKE33, Jun 22, 2010.

1. PIKE33

PIKE33 New Member

I'm signed up for a Black Bear tune in Ft. Worth July 10th and I'm rushing to get intake and exhaust on before the tune (I hear that's the way to do it). But I was wondering if anyone had experience with CGS intakes/exhaust or the MBRP exhaust I really like the way the MBRP sounds and the MBRP is a straight through design similar to Magnaflow just sounds way better.

Any information or reviews/opinions would be appreciated.

Thanks
  2. PIKE33

PIKE33 New Member

WOW really?!?!?!?! No one has heard of these products...
  3. ippielb

ippielb Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Sorry, never heard of CGS intakes before. I've heard of MBRP, can't go wrong with those products. I hope you like the decision, i would suggest K&N or AirAid for intakes, the open box intake seem to give a little more then the closed box. Don't quote me, but the closed box seem to be more restrictive.
  4. Metaluzc

Metaluzc Rockstar 4 Years 100 Posts

I have a MBRP dual exhaust on my truck now. It's a single exhaust that splits in the rear with the exhaust tips angling out behind the tires. Real nice look and good sound when idling and stepping on the pedal. My only downside to the exhaust is the tips. On my truck with the wider tires, they don't stick out that much and it doesn't look that good in my opinion. That's why I'm thinking about a true dual custom exhaust or longer/bigger diameter MBRP tips.
  5. PIKE33

PIKE33 New Member

I was really happy with what I researched on MBRP but then I found Aero exhaust and so far Aero is the winner. It sounds great and I've heard of some real power gains with it. It's real popular with the TBSS guys. I also ordered the CGS intake, I hope it works out bc the price was unbeatable and I've been assured it won't be a "get what you pay for" deal. But we'll see.