1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Chamion "Truck Plugs" Spark PLugs

Discussion in 'Performance & Fuel' started by 4x4_only, Aug 12, 2008.

1. 4x4_only

4x4_only New Member

Hey all, quick question.

My cousin is changing out his plugs & wires on his chevy whiled he's replacing his headers and asked me a question that I'm a little stumped on.

THe regular champion platinum plugs have a gap of .45 but he was looking at a set of the Champion Truck PLugs and these have a gap of .70...both are "OEM Replacements" for his truck. I have .45's in mine and were running fine....70 seems a little excessive on the gap.

Even the Chilton's Manual states a plug gap/reach of .45. Why are the champion truck plugs .70? Would there be any adverse effects if he went with the truck plugs & a gap of .70.
  2. Maximous

Maximous New Member

are you sure that the plugs just arent at 70 as a starting postition that way they can be considered stock replacement for several different vehicles, and that he also needs to buy a gap gauge and put the plugs down to 45, the stock replacement plugs for my 93 bronco are that way, i will have to close the gap before i install, also, i am no mech but just guessing that he isnt gonna like the feel of having .70 gap, thats a lot of space for a spark to fail