1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Change engine oil light won't turn off

Discussion in 'Audio, Video & Gadget Tech' started by RAPTOR_660, Aug 30, 2008.

1. RAPTOR_660

RAPTOR_660 New Member

Hi ,I just bought a 2006 Silverado.Change engine oil comes on when I Start my truck.I got an oil change yesterday and it is still coming on when I start my truck.

Is there some switch or something the oil tech forgot to flip or something?
  2. retired2001

retired2001 New Member 1000 Posts

My '04 has an Oil Life Monitor lite that comes on when a change is due. The way to reset it is: with the engine off, turn the key to start position but don't start it; depress the accelerator 3 times w'in 5 seconds. The light should blink then go out. I hope this helps.
  3. RAPTOR_660

RAPTOR_660 New Member

It worked!Thanks a million.:great:
  4. zippy

zippy Member

Humm... makes me wonder how many Easter eggs GM trucks might have if you know the procedure. Like, what happens if you depress the pedal 4 times and then honk the horn twice? ;-)
  5. RAPTOR_660

RAPTOR_660 New Member

Are there anymore tricks I should know about?

Maybe up,up,down,down left,right,left,right,B,A Start?:lol:
    Last edited: Sep 1, 2008
  6. hutch_pt

hutch_pt New Member

Unlimited lives!!!
  7. Springthing

Springthing New Member 1000 Posts

muahahahahaha!! that's one of those really funny comments only those that have been there will truly get!

nice....