1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Change Oil message

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by bronzeback, Dec 14, 2007.

1. bronzeback

bronzeback New Member

Hello

I have a 2005 Sierra standard model (no bells no whistles).

Not much as far as buttons for this and that.

I have a Message that says to Change Enginer Oil.

I changed it, but the message still comes up to change it. The manual said to use the DIC control buttons to change oil life back to 100%.

Problem is, I dont have the electronics package and i have no buttons to modify the message. When I use the trip button, it just goes from mileage to trip to engine hours. if I hold it in, it has a langauge choice, but nothing else comes up.

How do i get the Change oil message off the DIC when i dont have any buttons to use?
  2. JayMack75

JayMack75 Former Member

Do this, turn your key on but d not start the vehicle. Press the gas pedal to the floor 3 times. It will blink a few times and then it will be reset and you're good to go.