1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Changed my antifreeze. Got a question.

Discussion in 'Chevy Suburban Forum (GMC Yukon XL)' started by Ozlander, Sep 19, 2012.

1. Ozlander

Ozlander New Member

06 Yukon XL.
    Past time to change the antifreeze. Haynes showed picture of radiator drain.
    Said pull the rubber drain hose down. No drain hose.
    OK. Next step.
    Said turn the little knob. No knob. What the heck.
    Why is there no knob???
    Probably cost to much.

Haynes showed a picture of the block drain plugs. Said to drain the block.
    Right, one was above the starter. I might have been able to get to it if I pulled the wheel.
    The other was above the transfer case. Probably same deal.
    I was worried about getting them back in. I said forget that plan, go to plan 'B'.

Pulled the bottom hose and then the top. I was really surprised at how easy the hoses came off.
    Got about 2 1/2 gallons out and back in.
  2. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member 2 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I noticed the same thing on my 05 yukon xl last night. I was looking for a possible coolant leak and noticed that there is no knob on the petcock. There is a drain tube there, but no knob or wing shaped thing. I too will pull the lower hose when it is time to drain it. one day when I am feeling ambitious I will take a look in the hole with a mirror and flashlight and see what is going on in there. Maybe someone else knows whats up with this