1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Changed to Mobil 1 5-30

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by sask boy, Feb 13, 2009.

1. sask boy

sask boy New Member

Hi Guys, I had the oil changed to Mobil on Wednesday. I am again asking for advice how ofter should I change oil? I am hearing every 7500 kms. I have also been told that I should change filter @ 5000 and top it up and then change the oil & filter between 10,000 & 15,000.
    I went on mobil Web site and could not find the answer there (not saying it is not there).
    Just asking.
  2. MWright936

MWright936 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

I also run Mobil 1 5W30. I change mine at about 6000 miles (about 9,600 km), which is twice the regular distance between oil changes using conventional oil. I've heard you can go longer than that, but I feel safe running it that long. I also use a K&N oil filter because I have heard the "cheaper" oil filters don't do that well. Hope that helps!
  3. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Change to Mobil 1

I've run mobil1 5-30 in all my trucks for about twenty years. I run mine for 15,000 miles with oilfilter changes at every 5,000miles and top off the oil. Synthetics dont break down like regular oil so you just have to keep it clean. I did compresson check and leak down test on my suburban after 150,000 miles and engine was still in factory specs.
  4. jchambers849

jchambers849 Member

I change it every 5000 with Penzoil 5-30 synthetic. I always change the filter as well... it's cheap.
  5. crane3447

crane3447 Rockstar 100 Posts

I run Mobil 5 -30 in a couple of my trucks. With the GM "life meter" in my '04 silverado, I can go about 10,000 kms between oil changes. Just started running it in my ' 97 GMC 2500 and seems to be good so far.

I ask the same question your asking now to a few machanics I trust. They all said that generally you should about 40% - 50% more milage out of an oil change. Unless you a hauling alot of weight or somthing.