1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

changing front rotors

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by EricS1, Apr 12, 2013.

Random Gallery Photos

1. EricS1

EricS1 New Member

I have a 08 silverado 1500 crew cab, i need to replace the front rotors. Any one have any tips to which brand to buy. I was thinking brakebest from oreillys or should i go with bosch?
  2. Z71_guy

Z71_guy New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

I always go with the NAPA Ultra premium rotors, if you dont do alot of towing or hard stopping then you can go with the NAPA premium rotors with a high quality pad
  3. Curky

Curky New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

I bought Power Stop from ebay for a set of brake & Rotors for $160 They are great. I can stop on a dime. [h=2][/h]
  4. dpeter

dpeter New Member 100 Posts

I can vouch for the brakebest from oreillys. Using them on my 2000 Yukon along with the ceramic pads, strong and consistant stops.
  5. TimTom64b

TimTom64b New Member 100 Posts

ive had goog luck with the carquest rotors.
  6. dsfloyd

dsfloyd New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

just dont go real cheap. sometimes better to pay a little more on an important part like brakes (doesnt mean go way over priced either). Good suggestions so far, with Napa Ultra premiums, brake best etc. Also look into crossdrilled/slotted rotors (EBC, Powerstop, R1 concepts)