1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Changing guage cluster on 2010

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by RICKZ710, Apr 8, 2010.

1. RICKZ710

RICKZ710 New Member

will replacement of damaged cluster w/new retain all of trucks info? oil life,mileage etc.?
    Last edited: Apr 9, 2010
  2. Sandhopper

Sandhopper Rockstar 100 Posts

Not sure if you really want to post this type of question???
  3. doug_scott

doug_scott Rockstar

Why not? He is not asking how to reset the odometer on his truck, he is simply asking if changing the cluster will erase or reset any data. I want to know as well, since I am considering changing the stock panel to the full instrumentation panel. Is it not showing more responsibility to check that out first?
  4. mmorgan1865

mmorgan1865 Rockstar 4 Years 1000 Posts

You're off base Doug. You should have read the first post before he edited it. He was asking how to swap clusters so he could maintain the low mileage on his other one and extend his warranty.
  5. doug_scott

doug_scott Rockstar

Is that not why they allow you to quote the message you are replying to? You can change your post now, but the quote in mine will not change. I am not off base if I did not know I was in a game to begin with am I? If someone is going to critique a post, then include the post.
  6. mmorgan1865

mmorgan1865 Rockstar 4 Years 1000 Posts

Not your fault. The post was edited and once that was done it could not be quoted. I was only trying to point out that once it was edited it put a different light on the response. Didn't mean to cause a stir.
  7. 99'HEARTBEAT

99'HEARTBEAT Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

I saw this thread Yesterday,beyond wanting to change his Dash Cluster.The other item that caught my eye was the fact that in wanting to save his Warranty,which he stated was 3 years 36,000 Miles......Maybe if he knew that his Warranty is........5 Years,100,000 Miles on the Powertrain ....He may Not have asked about changing out the Dash Cluster???.
  8. Greg84

Greg84 Rockstar 100 Posts

Mileage is stored in the gauge cluster and in the vehicle's computer. The mileage displayed on the dash is only the mileage stored in the gauges.