1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

changing tail lights

Discussion in 'GM Electrical Tech' started by Blamson87, May 8, 2013.

1. Blamson87

Blamson87 New Member

Hey need a little help guys I have a 2003 GMC sierra 1500 and I was wondering if 2003 to 2006 tail lamps would be able to switch with the ones I have on my sierra I'm talking about to ones that have to two bubbles and I have the normal just red with yellow blinker anyone please help me and of so do I need to do any modifying? Thank yo u
  2. They will fit in the same bed hole so no problems there, but you will have to change out the sierra wiring harness for a silverado wiring harness and no problem just plug and play. If you decided to not spend the money on wiring harness, you can shave the taillight or bulb socket to make them fit and then tape over the bottom hole where the extra little light bulb would be. I suggest buying the silverado wiring harness though.
  3. Blamson87

Blamson87 New Member

Thank you for the advice really helps me out!! So the wiring harness isn't hard to do? Do I gotta run the wires very far?