1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Changing the axle ratio in a 2011 Sierra

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by mikester, Sep 15, 2012.

1. mikester

mikester New Member

Just wondering, has anyone done it ? I havent been happy with my 1500 since I tried to tow my car trailer with it and it felt like I was towing a house. It would be so much betterwith 3:73s in it. I considered trading it in for a 6.2 and max tow package but since Ive only owned it for a year I would take a huge loss. The dealer offered me 27K for it on a trade. Im thinking a new set of gears front and rear might be cheaper and it would probably help performance.
  2. silverbike9

silverbike9 New Member

you didnt say what gears you have
  3. bazar01

bazar01 Member

Have you tried putting it on M5 or M4? I have a 5.3L and just put it on M5 when I am pulling. It also disables the AFM. Not sue what rear end i have though.
  4. mikester

mikester New Member

My truck has 3:42s in it. I think GM should make 3:73s and 4:10s an option for the 1500 series trucks.
  5. ahmitchell1

ahmitchell1 New Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Idk why they went away from the 3.73 with the 5.3 that's what I have and I love it. Tows great
  6. silverbike9

silverbike9 New Member

Just fyi my2012 has the 3.73 's also
  7. PantheraUncia

PantheraUncia Active Member 1000 Posts

my 2000 has the 3.43 and I wish it had the 3.73 or the 4.10 also. I guess the 3.43 is better for fuel econ, but not as good for towing.