changing tire size on diablo sport

Discussion in 'Performance & Fuel' started by Pflor86, Mar 11, 2011.

1. Pflor86

Pflor86 Rockstar

i am sure some one else has run into this problem. when i change my tire size on my diablo it makes my brake and abs lights come on... when i change the tire size back the lights do not come on at all. when i put the tire size to a 33 the lights only come on after about 5 miles on the highway... if anyone has run into this and figured it out let me know. i don't care if my tire size is right on i just want it close with no lights coming on

2. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

I know with my truck I have 315/70-17 with 4.10 gears and my Diablo gives me no issues. Are you sure your entering the right tires size? I know that sounds insulting but I've had guys do that. Have you changed your gears? Try tricking the computer by putting the trucks stock size tires in.

3. Pflor86

Pflor86 Rockstar

ya when i put in the stock tire size the lights dont come on when i put in the 325's they come on right away when i put in something in the middle the light comes on only after i drive on the highway... if i have to ill just leave in on the stock tire size to keep the lights off but i know my speedometer is not right off by about 7mph

4. silveradotrailblazer

Have you tried e-mailing Diablo? They also have a forum that may help you.

5. Pflor86

Pflor86 Rockstar

i guess that's my next step i just figured some one else might have dealt with this already

6. miguesndvl

miguesndvl New Member

how that diablo working out for you? i have a 4.8L 08' silverado thinking about getting one myself

7. silveradotrailblazer

miguesndvl, go ahead and get the Diablo. You will like it. There website doesn't show all the tuning you can do with it.

8. kshephard

kshephard New Member

I've got a 2010 2500HD 4*4 crew cab w/ 6.0 gas & auto trans, 37" Nitto's and changed gears to 4.56...
    Running Diablo tuner U7194
    I have to set the tire size to 29" on the tuner to get my speedo correct. No warning lights ever...

9. black03silverado

black03silverado Rockstar

i had the same problem i put lt285 70 r17 tires on but the abs and brake warnig light came on so diablo sport had me set it at 285-65r17 and change my speed limiter 1 setting to 120mph fixed the problem! hope this helps oh and BTW the diablo web site is a great help so sign up they have tech's who monitor it and answer questions usually within a day or so!! i love my predator it really woke up my 08!!!