Chart on Wheel/Tire Fitment and Lift Requirement

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by adampaul1964, Apr 26, 2009.

1. ChivaLRy

ChivaLRy Rockstar

So in lame man's terms if I have a 02 silverado all stock and I put 17x8 rims with 4.5" backspacing, with 285/60R17 tires, I won't have any problems with rubbing? Also how far will the tires stick out?

2. randomsandwhich

randomsandwhich Rockstar 3 Years 100 Posts

anybody know if 285x65xr18 tires on 18x9 wheels with +18 offset with 5.51 of backspace fit an 08 silverado with a 2.5" leveling kit (Truxx) work with no tire or wheel rub?

3. bluestreak94

bluestreak94 Rockstar

That's a great find!!! It's made me even more extatic to have bought this set of mags and tires for my truck!
    22" chromes with tires, $1000 cdn!!! NO fitment cutting or nothing!!!
    :party:

4. Rockstarrchevy81

Rockstarrchevy81 Rockstar 3 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Great link man.

5. aloxdaddy99

aloxdaddy99 Rockstar 4 Years 1000 Posts

Hey sharpshooter when you say you don't have a lift and you cranked up the keys. Essentially you did install a lift by doing that. It lifts the front but it also makes the ride a lot stiffer.
    Semper Fi.

6. CHEVYHEAVY845

CHEVYHEAVY845 New Member

Hey kgibson. How r u. I have a 03 silverado 1500. First of all what is the diffrrance between a leveling kit and a lift kit? And do you have any pics of your truck? I welcome answers from all. Thanks in advance.

7. aloxdaddy99

A leveling kit levels out the truck. From the factory the nose is 2-3 inches lower than the back end. It is done that way so when the bed is loaded it sits level. A lift kit will raise both the front and the back. The lift kit is more involved and has more parts.

8. CHEVYHEAVY845

CHEVYHEAVY845 New Member

Thanks fir that info. Now If I decided to go for a 4" lift I found blocks for the rear. It seems like an ez install. I found 4" front torsion keys. What do u think about them. Or did u hear about them?

9. aloxdaddy99

I have never heard of 4" keys. I would not go that route anyway. It would put your front drive line at to much of an angle. If the suspension was to go to full extension down you can break things. That is why the level kits max at like 3". Anything more than that and y9u need to start dropping components. The lift kits come with new brackets to correct the angles. As far as the rear goes adding blocks is how most of the lesser priced kits get the lift. You should never stack rear lift blocks. The better way of lifting the rear is with a new set of springs. Another way of doing it is to use lift shackles.There are many options from the various lift companies. Many offer different levels of shocks, some are offered in different colors if that is your thing. Another option you have is to crank up the torsion bars to achieve some lift. Some people say it doesn't effect the ride of their truck. I am not able to comment on that because I have never done it.

10. CHEVYHEAVY845

CHEVYHEAVY845 New Member

Thanks for aiding me in making my decision. Forget about blocks, keys, etc. I going with a full gift lit. 6". Two questions what's the difference between a lift kit n a body lift. As I look in other signatures I see lift kit and body lift as well. Care to explain? 2nd question is I saw list from $700-$2000 and fabtech, rough country. Idk explain how there is like two extremes. Thanx in advance.