1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Chasing an ABS issue

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by Woody109, Apr 20, 2010.

1. Woody109

Woody109 New Member

Been chasing an ABS issue on my 02 Sierra. Have had ABS codes C0223, C0222, C0221 repeatedly and have changed the right front hub several times and finally they stopped. Couple of months ago it threw new codes C0227 and C0228. I got a new controller from ModuleMasters.com and installed and cleared all the codes but still had C0227. ABS light goes out when the truck is shut off but comes back on when restarted and about one rotation of the wheels. Pulling codes now I have C0227 current and C0228, C0221, C0222, C0223 all in history. I know the right WSS is good. I am assuming the ABS pump is crap. Was clean with no apparent moisture when the module was replaced. Any idea where I can pick up a pump at a reasonable price? Any thoughts on maybe something else wrong? Input much appreciated.
  2. BASSIST

BASSIST New Member

Connect a scanner to it and view the speed sensors while the vehicle is moving
  3. Woody109

Woody109 New Member

I'm less concerned with the WSS than the C0227. Hoping someone else has had a similar issue and could steer me in the right direction. Before you say take it to a mechanic.....I have. All they do is start changing parts til they luck out and get the right one. I can do that. Thanks for the input tho.