1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Chassis wiring

Discussion in 'GM Electrical Tech' started by dswagg2k10, Feb 27, 2013.

1. dswagg2k10

dswagg2k10 New Member

I'm looking to redo the interior of my 2005 chevy equinox FWD, 3.4L V6 which would require me to change out the wiring that I believe is called the chassis wiring harness but I'm not sure and thats what I need to know.

I need the name of the type of harness that connects to the radio, temperature controls, power windows switches, speedometer, and steering wheel controls(cruise control and radio/volume controls).

Also, does anybody know where I can find a good diagram or instructions on how to install the harness and the level of difficulty 1 - 10... 6 being extremely hard.
  2. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Why are you doing this?
  3. TRPLXL2

TRPLXL2 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Welcome to the site!!

on a scale of 1-10, ummmmmmm 15...

i installed a chassis harness in a 97 firebird, and it was a pain in the arse. I stripped the interior completely down to bare metal, and then ran the new harness. Mine was needed to be replaced due to a fire, you could install it with the interior in but you would have to cut sections and then resolder back together which I don't recommend.
  4. pmf608

pmf608 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

I'm with enkei on this one... why are you doing this? If it's to get upgraded features, you'd most likely be better off to buy a car with those features than to change out the harness and everything to get them in factory form. If yours is damaged from a fire or something, I'd say installing a whole new dash/interior harness would be ranked up in the 10 area because it does involve stripping pretty much everything down.