1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Chat system

Discussion in 'Announcements & Feedback' started by Curky, Jan 18, 2013.

1. Curky

Curky Active Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

I just wanted to say. I did not use it that much but sometime trying to have a quick conversation with someone here is real hard without it. I did not mind that it was small and not that appalling or even kind of out of date. It was there to be used. When it was brought up that it was being taken off. I did not care that much. Now here to find out, I DO. It is hard to sit here and private massage someone back and forth. :gasp:
    I think we should consider just a simple one. Who cares what it looks like? It is a great tool I miss.
  2. the phantom

the phantom Active Member 2 Years ROTM Winner Gold Member 1000 Posts

I agree!! I may have had only a handfull of conversations but sometimes posting responses on some things seems senseless. I dont know how many times I went to reply to a post and then said aaahhhh. Cancel.. not worth posting just to say that. I dont know maybe its just me.
  3. silverhobey

silverhobey Rockstar 3 Years 500 Posts

i never used it, but would probably try to use it if need be to keep some
    sort of Chat system for all others who might want it ......Brian
  4. RayVoy

RayVoy Active Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

^^^ I agree with [MENTION=53221]Curky[/MENTION]
  5. aloxdaddy99

aloxdaddy99 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

Since the chat has gone away I haven't been as active as I used to. [MENTION=50075]SurrealOne[/MENTION], Nak, myself and many others used it to discuss upcoming mods among other things. Since the loss of chat it makes it difficult to do the same. Using either PM or threads is slow when it comes to discussing topics.
  6. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I miss it and used it extensively to (in no particular order):

1. keep in touch with local members,
    2. get to know regular members,
    3. meet new members,
    4. discuss upcoming mods,
    5. solicit feeback/opinions on completed and potential mods, and
    6. answer questions that arose in chat.

My activity level here has been way down since chat was removed. Also, I let my Platinum membership expire without renewal because of the removal of chat since I figure the bottom line speaks louder than my written word to some people.
  7. forsakendemon

forsakendemon New Member

Yeah, chat was usefull, why was it removed?
  8. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

I'd like to see it here again too..It was good to be able to CHAT with other members from time to time.. Also better for helping other members..
  9. jake's silverado

jake's silverado Epic Member 5+ Years 100 Posts

Actually here much less time when I am on, as there is no chat. I did inter act more with others then.
  10. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member 2 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I know that when the chat was first implemented there were some issues with it. It may have caused some issues with the site running, but I have no idea. It seems as if many of the active members would like to see it return, I would also like to see it back.