1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Chat system

Discussion in 'Announcements & Feedback' started by Curky, Jan 18, 2013.

Random Gallery Photos

1. rileyjr16

rileyjr16 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

I miss it yeah but it's not the reason why I'm not on as much. If we had wifi on the ship, I'd be on it all day but now it's just my phone unless I feel like lugging my laptop to the MWR on base to actually get wifi.
  2. LOVINTHESTORM

LOVINTHESTORM New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Not having the chat has really killed it for me. Hope they bring it back.
  3. PantheraUncia

PantheraUncia Active Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

I think the powers that be were a little mis guided when chat disappeared.......
  4. 1BadSierra2011

1BadSierra2011 New Member

bring it back!:whistle:
  5. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 1000 Posts

... ok, I have the chat logs. There were almost no users of the chat system. I have logs to show how many average users were on it each day and it's like 6 or 8 average.

Maybe we need a better chat system. I actually ordered/paid for the wrong one by mistake, so I might try to get a better system. The main problem is that it was adding the chat code on everything, including at the bottom of the pop-up windows used to upload photos. This obscured the submit / upload button (something like that) so people couldn't upload photos.
  6. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

It's baaaaaaaack! Thanks, [MENTION=1]Steve[/MENTION].

Is it here, to stay, or is this temporary while you hunt for something else?
    Last edited: Feb 26, 2013
  7. Curky

Curky New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Thank you Steve, as I said i am not a big user of it but at least once a week since it has been gone I could of used it. Plus I really did not know members that well to chat with them, but since then I feel like I have made many friends here and will use it.
  8. TRPLXL2

TRPLXL2 New Member Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts 100 Posts

The squeeky wheels always get the grease lol, enjoy the chat guys!!
  9. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

A note on usage:
    The first chat system dumped everyone who logged on into a chat room ... and it got more use, as a result. The second, more feature-rich chat system (which is what reappeared, recently) didn't do that ... and saw lower usage numbers.

I mention this because parroting the first system's approach with the second ... may up usage statistics if increased usage is desired.
  10. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 1000 Posts

Yeah, but the first system was a pay-per-user system that would have ended up costing like $100/month ... which is crazy stupid, $100/year would have been too much. Plus, they hosted it and had the right to read and re-market from the information they learned in the posts.

There is a new version of this chat system that will 1) Keep a log inside of the chatrooms, 2) offer mobile chat ... plus a few other things. I'm going to try to look the 10-day free trial of the other package (the one that I wanted to use in the first place) ... and if I don't like it, then I will look at paying the nominal fee for the upgrade for this chat system.