1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Chattering Windsheild Wipers - Sort of...

Discussion in 'Chevy Suburban Forum (GMC Yukon XL)' started by Sandhopper, Aug 3, 2010.

Newest Gallery Photos

1. Sandhopper

Sandhopper Rockstar 100 Posts

I was driving the Burban home from Denver to Amarillo this morning and ran into a nice down pour in New Mexico. I turned on the wipers and they were fine, then they started to stutter while they were wiping. It seemed as thought the stutter was consistent through the entire wiping motion. Once I got through the storm I turned them off for a while and checked them periodically to see if they were still acting up. It took about 20 minutes before the wipers worked normally. This seems to be an intermittent problem as this was the first time I have seen this but my wife said it has done the same thing to her a couple of times. Any thoughts on a cause? I am afraid if I go in blind to the dealer they are just going to tell me they cannot reproduce the problem.

2. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

I would change the wiper blades just to see if it happens again. I'd buy a cheap set of Anco's at Walmart.

3. Sandhopper

It does not seem to be a wiper blade issue as the windshield was very wet and was clearing fine when they were swiping. It seems to me that there is some sort of electrical or mechanical issue with the wiper motor?

4. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Sorry, but as the dealer would say It didn't do it for me. LOL.

5. txchevman

txchevman New Member

disconnect and then reconnect all electrical connectors associated with the wiper system. It doesnt seem that a 2010 would have enough miles on it to be having a connector fretting problem but it cant hurt to do it and you just may solve it.

6. Sandhopper

Taking the Burban for service in a couple of weeks (wife can not be with out it until kiddo is out of the wheel chair) to have them look at the wipers. I stopped into the dealer this afternoon and they got it on the schedule. I did not get the feeling they had seen this before so this could be a tough one to pin down. I guess we will see. Other than this wiper issue this has been one of the best trucks we have owned. Go GM... Just need to add the Diesel to the line-up.

7. Als09Sierra

Als09Sierra Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

If your cell phone takes video, try to capture it when it happens. I've used cell phone pics to show the dealership problems before and I'm sure they'd use video as evidence. Try not to run off the road when you do it though. :money:

8. Sandhopper

Great Idea... Had not thought of it but that is a great idea.

9. Sandhopper

Well dropped the Burban off at the dealer yesterday for appointment today... they did not get to it until 4pm this afternoon and, suprise surprise, they could not duplicate the issue. They were trying to get it to act up using the windshield washer fluid... Did I mention this happens in the rain... They are keeping in over night so they will have it for another day. Hopefully they use a hose this time. I hope they can get it to do it tomorrow because I am certain that as soon as I drive it home I will hit a shower and need the wipers and they will do the same skipping. The good part is they gave me a 11' traverse as a loaner... not bad for a loaner.