1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Cheap Brake Pads

Discussion in 'Lifted & Offroad Suspension' started by gofastroger, Sep 3, 2010.

Newest Gallery Photos

1. gofastroger

gofastroger New Member

[FONT=&quot]I need a set of pads on the cheap and I found a coupon for a site called [/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]discbrakepads.net[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot] (brakesale-0930-2010). Was curious if anyone has used them before? They seem to have good prices but I’ve never heard of Lomandi?? [/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT]

2. TrailLeadr

TrailLeadr Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

If you're really insistent on getting cheap brake pads, which I do not recommend. I can't imagine you getting them any cheaper than at autozone, or advance auto, VIP, etc.
    Cheap brakes are just that. You'll be replacing them within a few months. You'll actually end up spending more in the long run than you would if you just spent the extra money and got a good quality set of pads.

If it helps, think of it this way. The brakes stop your car and help save your life and those around you. If that's not incentive enough to buy quality parts that are responsible for your safety how about this....
    If you reason that they are all made the same, "semi-metalic blend with organic, kevlar, or ceramic pad glued to a metal backing plate etc...."
    then where are they cutting back to save costs?
    The adhesive? Nothing better than having your pad come off the backing plate, (I've seen it happen)
    The pad material? More organic material than metal and you'll be replacing very soon, and brake fade due to glazing
    Thinner backing plate?
    With a thinner plate the pad will eventually warp in the heat giving you less surface area to brake with.
    Cheap labor? Yep, I really want someone who's getting paid squat and is probably unhappy with his/her job to be producing my brake pads.

Sorry for getting all uppity about it, but I don't believe that brakes are a component to be taken lightly. I'm not suggesting you should pay top dollar either. Just don't buy a set of brakes because they were $5.00 and it seemed too good to pass up.

As far as what you're looking for what are they charging before and after your coupon?
    What application are the brakes for? Year/make/model etc.

Regarding lomandi, what I'm reading is they come from China. They typically need to have their face ground before installing.
    They also tend to warp pretty easy.

Here's a discussion on them at http://bb.bc4x4.com/showthread.php?121340-lomandi-brakes

Last edited: Sep 3, 2010