Newest Gallery Photos

1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Cheap cool additions for a 2 Door tahoe

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Talk & GM News' started by Bamaboy_73, Jan 28, 2014.

1. Bamaboy_73

Bamaboy_73 New Member

Does anybody know of any cool additions for a 96 tahoe? I have fender flairs.
  2. Conlan Rose

Conlan Rose Active Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

Well what do you see as cheap. What are you looking to do to make it your own.
    Cheap Mods I've done are:
    Floor mats
    Aftermarket fog lights
    Back up light
  3. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member 2 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

my sister had a 96 2door tahoe. She had a 3" body lift and chrome smittybilt nerf bars. It looked pretty nice, then she traded it in on cash for clunkers. :grrrrrr: there are tons of things you can do. any grill that fits a silverado of that year will fit the tahoe, so you can change that out. you can do tail lights, marking lights, headlights, new/different bumpers. I have seen a few trucks around Detroit with a range rover front end conversion http://www.wheelzngrillez.com/19chc1raroco.html
    http://www.wheelzngrillez.com/rarostgrheco.html

Not my cup of tea, but it just shows you that there are a bunch of options out there. I have never bought anything from the site that I posted above. I just googled 96 tahoe grill and came up with it. I have also seen guys buy a escalade that has been wrecked in the rear end, took the front end off and installed it on their truck.
  4. Conlan Rose

For the OBS trucks there is a lot you can do because all the models shared the same cosmetics. Also every year GM added new stuff to these trucks and the new stuff fits the older models. The aftermarket parts are very plentiful and moderately priced.
  5. Bamaboy_73

Bamaboy_73 New Member

What kind of lights did you get? I would like a pre runner bar or something but not a full brush guard
  6. okiemudslinger

okiemudslinger New Member

I charged my parking and tail lights to LED and clear head lights (about $400) and Gator lined the whole truck in white and black ($500), 6" light (not cheap) cowl induction hood ($250), AND Roof mounted light bar and lights ($300).

Attached Files:

7. McClintoc

McClintoc ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ Staff Member 2 Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

I'm not sure "cool additions" and "cheap" really go together. :) Plus, "cheap" is a personal preference.

But, you could do:

custome grille
    LED taillights
    LED light bars
    wheels/tires
    lift
    window tint
    nerf bars
    muffler (not a whole exhaust system)
  8. Conlan Rose

The Lights I have are cheapos from Harbor Freight that are mounted with brackets under my bumper which were about $12-13. The back up light is a round 4" Navigator light I got for less than $9 on amazon. If you are creative enough you could easily and cheaply build a mount for lights using your licence plate holder and some slotted angle steel from Home Depot.