1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Cheap Website or Place for tires?

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by kgibson181, Jul 11, 2009.

1. kgibson181

kgibson181 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

My bfg's are starting to get very low and I need to go ahead and buy another set of tires. Anybody know a good website or a good store that I can get a set for a good deal because I'm a little low on cash as I'm 16 with a low paying job. Thanks
  2. 04SilverChevy

04SilverChevy Rockstar 100 Posts

tirerack.com or you might just wanna check around your area for shops. Cuz sometimes by the time you order from tirerack, wait for them to get here... pay for the mount and balance. You could have went to a decent shop and got it all done for about the same price(maybe a lil more) but have it done in one day.
  3. Mean_Green_95

Mean_Green_95 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

whatever you do, do not go cheap on your tires. buy quality tires, otherwise you will be spending more money to replace the tires sooner than you should. And low quality tires are prone to accidents. But check out your local Sam's Club, they are pretty cheap and road hazard all their tires.
  4. 2COR517

2COR517 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Sam's club - as mentioned, Walmart if they do your size. One problem you may have with some of the bigger shops is that they will only replace all four tires at once, and only two sizes bigger than stock, if that. Tires are competitive, especially BFGs. You might do just as well at a smaller shop, and they might be more flexible as far as two at a time, oversize, etc.

I have never ordered tires online. By the time you pay the shipping, wait, and then feel like a heel when you take them in to be mounted. Just to save a couple bucks is not worth it to me. Plus if you have a problem, the same guy sold them and mounted them.
  5. SledHead

SledHead Rockstar

www.treadwright.com i know i know there retreads but my dad has a set of these rite now and there unbelieveable. i have never heard a bad thing about them all i know the mtrs atill have the goodyear logos and everything on them. i think the compund is possibly i bit softer but other than that there phenominal
  6. Crakums_GT

Crakums_GT Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

You could also try discounttire.com They have good prices and they ship for free.

-Greg
  7. shurshot

shurshot Rockstar 100 Posts

I have ordered a set of wheels and tires from www.discountedwheelwarehouse.com and I was more than happy with them. The tires were Falken 285/60/18 and I put 70000 miles on them.

Good Luck!
  8. Jimmiee

Jimmiee Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Costco is running the $70 off special again so you might want to check it out.
  9. kgibson181

kgibson181 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Thanks for all the suggestions guys I'm going to check them all out and see if theres anything that can fit my price range. I'll keep posted.