Cheapest Diablo

Discussion in 'Performance & Fuel' started by Blakjax98, Apr 6, 2010.

1. Blakjax98

Blakjax98 New Member

Anyone know of a website that sells the Diablo tuner at the cheapest price?? since it does not come with the USB cables, i dont want to spend any more then i have too. thanks guys
  2. 07silverado07

07silverado07 New Member 100 Posts

3. Blakjax98

Blakjax98 New Member

is it worth buying the USB data cable?? not sure if im ever gonna use it.
  4. 07silverado07

it depends on if you just want the diablosport tune or not. i know some diablosprts will let you monitor your truck and download the data on a computer and it tells you what to adjust for a more custome tune. for me i would buy the usb cable. or you could always get a beartune for your truck. ask jenna bear on here for more info!
  5. Blakjax98

Blakjax98 New Member

so do all of the Diablo's allow you to monitor the vehicle and make adjustments or a particular diablo?? if thats the case then ill definetly get the cable
  6. 07silverado07

i would check and see if that option is available for your truck. i wont make any guarantees, i dont want to say yes it will allow monitoring for your truck and be wrong. i know it allows that option on my truck, just research the programmer model for your truck and it will say if it does or not
  7. 06MonteSS

06MonteSS New Member 100 Posts

yes - the 7198 model predator you need for your 2001 truck will be able to save/record data logs of your truck...

so definitely get the usb cable and power adapter (the PC Interface Kit) - that will allow you to hook up the predator to your Windows PC and download saved/recorded data logs, import/export tune files for if you ever decide you want to get a custom tune...

as for the adjustments you can make with it:

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Timing Table 1000-1800rpm (+/- 20%)[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Timing Table 2000-4000rpm (+/- 20%)[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Timing Table 4000-7000rpm (+/- 20%)[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Fuel Table 2000-4000rpm (+/- 20%)[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Fuel Table 4000-7000rpm (+/- 20%)[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Idle (+ 500rpm / -300rpm)[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Speed Limiters (Trucks Only)[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Rev Limiters[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]RPM Shift Points[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]MPH Up and Downshifts[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Shift Timing[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Shift Pressure[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Cooling Fan ON and OFF temperatures[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Re-Calibrate Speedometer for Gear and Tire Size Changes[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Torque Management abuse mode time limit ON/OFF[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]% torque reduction vs. RPM ON/OFF[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Upshift torque reduction (all gears) ON/OFF[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Adjust for different injector size[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Adjust COT enable temperature[/FONT]
    Last edited: Apr 6, 2010
  8. Blakjax98

Blakjax98 New Member

Perfect!! thanks alot for the info guys. Much appreciated :great:
  9. udontknowjack

udontknowjack New Member

does this come with maps already....? performance/economy mode?
  10. 06MonteSS

06MonteSS New Member 100 Posts

yes, it comes with preset tunes....

for the trucks, you'll have a choice of a Diablo Performance Tune - which is made for 91/93 octane gas... and then there's also an 87 Octane tune....