Newest Gallery Photos

1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Check Engine Light on; P0449 code?

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by anton brauner, Jun 11, 2012.

1. anton brauner

anton brauner New Member

I have a 2006 chevy silverado 4.3 L check engine lite was on, went to auto zone they said evap sensor was bad code was P0449 so i bought a new one looked all over for the sensor thought it was near the gas tank, I believe I found it on the intake manifold behind air intake hose, replaced it and reset the code, in 5 miles and it came back on, whats up did i repalce the wrong sensor?
  2. donyms

donyms Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Welcome to the club. I had a similar problem and it was the Evap vent solenoid. It is located off of your fuel tank hose. You can get just the solenoid coil if you ask for just that at the dealership and you will save allot of money. Good luck and welcome. :glasses:
  3. kevindsingleton

kevindsingleton Rockstar

I had a P0449 on my '09 Silverado, and I replaced the "evaporative vent solenoid". There are several part numbers on the web, if you search for that code. I found the part at my local Chevy parts counter for about $30, and replaced it in about half an hour. I had to take the original solenoid out of the canister, and replace the hose with 5/8" heater hose. Get two clamps. I used about 18 inches of hose, but it could be done with less. If you can save the "quick connect" on the hose, you can probably do it with a couple of inches of hose.

After I replaced the solendoid, the CEL stayed on for several days, but finally went off. It still gave me the code on my reader, but the light is off, and that's all I cared about.