1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Check engine light on.

Discussion in 'Performance & Fuel' started by Andy7, Jul 15, 2010.

Newest Gallery Photos

1. Andy7

Andy7 New Member

Last night my check engine light came on after i had gone through some deep water from a flood, and i hooked up my tuner and the diagnostics said this "mass or volume airflow circuit low input." what exactly does this mean, and what should i do? thanks for all input!

2. dsfloyd

dsfloyd Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner Gold Member 1000 Posts

probably means you got water into the intake and onto the Mass air flow sensor. get a can of mass airflow sensor cleaner and try that. If it doesnt fix it you probably messed up the sensor and will need a new one.

3. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

X2 what dsfloyd said, but I would also spray the elec. plug to the MAF with electrical cleaner to clear any water that may have gotten into the plug.

4. murdog94

murdog94 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Also take a look at your air filter etc to make sure there isnt any moisture that will cause a problem after you do get it repaired.

5. Andy7

Andy7 New Member

I had cleaned it and the check engine light went off. thanks!