Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Check engine light on.

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by TAWJR33, Apr 11, 2011.

1. TAWJR33

TAWJR33 New Member

I cut my mufflers off and drove my truck and within 5 miles my service engine soon light came on. I took it to autozone and it's saying that my MAF sensor is messed up. Is this due to no back pressure from mufflers? I've cleaned the MAF and it's still on. Thanks for any help!

2. vncj96

vncj96 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

did you clean the MAF after the light or before it came on, did you use actual MAF cleaner?

3. murdog94

murdog94 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Also year/make/model would help some since there are differeing issues with different model generations. Also agreed with did you use maf cleaner etc? since the MAF is very very sensative.

4. TAWJR33

TAWJR33 New Member

It's a 1997 2500 I did use maf cleaner after the light came on

5. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Did you remove the cats also??

6. JonTiffany1

JonTiffany1 New Member

meow? lol.

Jon