Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Check Engine Light?

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by ZSI52, Jun 27, 2009.

1. ZSI52

ZSI52 Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

Yesterday I went for a drive, I had 1/4 of a tank when I left and 106 miles left in the tank. About 10 miles down the road the Check Engine Light came on. Then I pulled over and made sure the gas cap was on right and everything seemed fine. I started the truck again and the gas gauge dropped to E and the fuel light came on. I stopped and checked everything and it all seemed fine. I started the truck and it was still on. I turned it off & on a few more times and Then the Check engine light & the fuel light shut off and the Gauge went back to 1/4. I drove it around for about 15 minutes and it never came back on. 2 hours later I left for the gym I got about 4 miles down the road and the Light came back on. This morning I drove it around and then I went and got gas. Right after I put gas in it the light turned off. A few hours later I started it and the light came back on. Anyone have any ideas? My transmission has been messed up for a few months but has never caused the light to come on. Im taking it to GM monday so they can see whats wrong with the transmission and see why the lights coming on.

2. Jimmiee

Jimmiee Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Zach, take it to AutoZone and get the codes checked. Post the codes here on the forum.

3. ZSI52

Well the Light went off late last night and it hasn't came back on. I went to Autozone and the person working said they couldnt do anything because the light wasn't on. So I guess I will just have GM check it tomorrow when I take it in.

4. Jimmiee

Jimmiee Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

The person working there must be lazy as hell! :lol:

5. ZSI52

Most likely.haha

Im pretty sure it has to do with the Gas tank. Anytime I mess with the Gas cap the light shuts off.

6. 2ToNe04

2ToNe04 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

autozone = free scan

7. grimreapersshadow

grimreapersshadow Rockstar 100 Posts

also a good tip is not to drive around on low gas it causes your fuel pump to burn up. the gas in the tank acts like a coolant for the pump its self

8. ZSI52

I normally don't drive it on a low tank.

9. ZSI52

Took it to GM today and dropped it off and they checked to see if anything was wrong and they said it wasnt giving off any codes. or anything. So I have no idea. There working on the transmission tomorrow so maybe the engine light will come back on.