1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

check my silverado and my question

Discussion in 'Photo & Video Gallery' started by UAE 89, Jan 30, 2009.

1. UAE 89

UAE 89 New Member

Hi everyone :sign0016:...... I am from UAE and I bought my silverado a few days ago

I love this car so much specialy the 1500 and the red color

it is brought from USA to UAE and it was sold as a salvage car but there is no accident record I think is was stolen :lol:
    I want to ask a technical question :

my engine is 4.8 but does the 4.8 have the DOD system like the 5.3 ??? ( the system wich makes only 4 cyliders work to decrease fuel consumption )

I hope you like it !

Attached Files:

2. retired2001

retired2001 New Member 1000 Posts

Welcome to the site and congrat's on the new truck! It sure doesn't look like there is anything wrong with it. I don't think that the "DOD" is offered on teh 4.8L, but I'm sure someone else will be able to let you know. Have fun!
  3. jerrynino

jerrynino New Member ROTM Winner

welcome dude... and no they dont offer that system for the 4.8... i have the same engine and they only come out for the 5.3 and what not
  4. UAE 89

UAE 89 New Member

thank you sooo much guys :)

I really want to know more about this car I loved it

I have more questions

These wheel are not the original but for what car are they is it Tahoe or Avalanche ???

also what is the meaning of Z71 I see it on the silverado and sierra but I dont see it on my car ??? :(
  5. 05azsilver

05azsilver New Member

Z71 is the RPO code for a special off-road package offered by General Motors. This option first appeared on the 1988 to 1998 generation GMT400 trucks. In 2000, Z71 became an option package on Chevrolet Tahoes. Features include four wheel drive and optional 2 Wheel Drive, on/off-road tires, an automatically locking rear differential, color-coded bumpers, fog lamps, a skid plate, special 5 spoke aluminum alloy wheels, and distinctive "Z71" badges. "Z71" Tahoes could be ordered in 5 colors: Sport Red, Bermuda Blue, Silver Birch, Black, or Summit White. With the success of "Z71" as a separate model rather than just a suspension package, Chevrolet Tahoes and soon after Suburbans continued this option and it is still available on current Tahoes, Avalanches, Silverados, Suburbans, and Colorados.

Your wheels I believe are off of a Tahoe, Suburban and/or Avalanche
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2009
  6. adidasboy918

adidasboy918 New Member

Yep like said above. DOD only is on the 5.3 and 6.0. Rim wise they are the upgraded 20's from the Tahoe/ Suburban. Very nice truck.:great:
  7. black jack

black jack New Member

welcome to site and nice looking truck. you might want to take all the codes that are in the glove box and look them up off the internet to see what all your truck is equiped with. i did that with my truck after i got it. it'll help you out to better understand what you have. good luck.
  8. Pete95Sierra

Pete95Sierra New Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

welcome and nice truck!! its nice to see people come in from other countries. I noticed the red seats, im guessing the previous person did some work to the interior??
  9. tlperry68

tlperry68 New Member 1000 Posts

Welcome to the site. Thetruck looks good.
  10. UAE 89

UAE 89 New Member

05azsilver

thanks alot that was really useful :)

Pete95Sierra

ya actually I was searching in google about silverado and I found the forum so I joined to learn more about the car. I bought the car as it is I didnt put any thing but I put the Z71 sticker recently.
    There is no work in the interior thats just a cover on the seat, the real color is black :)

I will put more photos soon and I will show you the red cover of the seats :)

thanks all you are right its really nice :)