1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Check out the picture for this product on ebay (THAT'S MY TRUCK!)

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by Jimmeh, Dec 26, 2011.

1. Jimmeh

Jimmeh New Member 100 Posts

2. motonerd

motonerd New Member

They stole your truck! You should either be pissed or flattered.
  3. ChromeSilver02

ChromeSilver02 New Member 100 Posts

They did take your truck picture, man I wonder if you could get something out of it. But how did you come across the pic?
  4. Jimmeh

I was looking for a grille similar to that one without the center bar but with a bow tie emblem in the middle of it. I actually went to that ad to grab the picture so I can start a thread asking if anybody had done that to that style of grille, and when I saw the tire of the truck and the white mirrors, I was like "Wow, that looks like my truck, lol". After a quick PB search, I realized what they had done. I sent the guy a message, but he hasn't responded yet. Curious if they are even in the US...
  5. mudpuppy

mudpuppy New Member 100 Posts

first things i seen was the tires are the same
    second thing which tells me no **** thats your truck is look at the pic of your truck, on the passenger side of the bumper in the chrome right above the cut out for an optional aux light you have a scuff there. now look at the advertised pic and it has the same exact scuff but reversed.
  6. Jimmeh

There actually wasn't a scuff on that bumper at the time, it looks like it but I think it was just a reflection of the gravel. Later on after a lady and her Jeep decided to not stop at an intersection hit me, there was one on that side, lol. I just used the reflections on the window, the fact that in the advertised picture the steering wheel is on the passenger side, the white mirrors, wheels and tires as my reference. Plus, I just knew it was my truck as soon as I saw it, lol. It's like if I had a child and somebody kidnapped it, only the child is my truck and somebody grabbed a picture off the interwebs of it, lol.
  7. GMCErica

GMCErica New Member Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Dang! Things like that would only happen to you...haha...Well, I guess I should be the first to Congratulate you on your trucks' first modelingl pic on the web!! She is famous now..*tears* we are so proud of you J!
  8. mudpuppy

mudpuppy New Member 100 Posts

you do know that unless they had you sign a release to use your personal truck pic in any form of advertisement you can sue them for a percentage of every sale that they made since they published that add! talk to an attorney, if its provable then you might have a profitable case. of course ill then have to charge you a small finders fee for planting the idea of pursuing the matter :)
  9. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

That depends. If he put a picture of his truck on the Internet with no copyright notice on it then he may well have put it into the public domain, at which point it's fair game. Assuming it's in the public domain then there's no case. However, if it was -not- an image considered part of the public domain then he'd have to issue 'cease and desist' notices in order to give adequate time for the entity to comply with his request to cease usage of the image or pay him (i.e. he can't leap straight to 'pay up').
    Last edited: Dec 28, 2011
  10. BrownPats420

BrownPats420 New Member 100 Posts

Wow nothing like finding a new grille on your truck on ebay, If you put it out for public viewing I think they can take your picture and use it. Not sure i'd check into that.