1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Check this out

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by TJbear, Oct 14, 2009.

1. TJbear

TJbear Rockstar 100 Posts

Was messing around with the truck today and took a peek down the oil fill tube with a flashlight.....
    [​IMG]

I managed to pull one out with needle nose pliers (a focking ACORN) :

[​IMG]

The other one broke apart so off comes the valve cover

[​IMG]

You can see where the pieces started to fall into the recess near that head bolt. Shop vac sucked it right out. Now mind you, I just got this truck so I have no clue where these things came from or how they got there, so.....

[​IMG]
  2. unplugged

unplugged Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

There's a joke about nuts here somewhere, but I'm not going to repeat it. A definite mystery. Have any friends or enemies that would do that to you?

I say that only because at work we play practical jokes on one another. One of my favorites is to get a 2ft long zip tie and wrap it around the driveshaft. It makes for a wacky noise that can take a minute or two to figure out.
  3. TJbear

LOL, nah. I just got it and it's been locked up tight when I'm not around.
  4. TRPLXL2

TRPLXL2 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

That's crazy! I have never seen anything like that, I think someone definately did that on purpose. It doesn't look like it would have hurt anything if you would have left it though, but I am sure that with my luck something really bad would happen. BTW- The cat is a nice touch, great conversation thread right here.

Unplugged I am going to have to try the zip tie thing on my dad's old truck, he just got it running perfect so that would really freak him out. This is why I love this website, friendly fire is always welcome in my house.
  5. MTPockets

MTPockets Rockstar

Stupid Squirrels :lol:
  6. MAsZ71

MAsZ71 Rockstar 100 Posts

Another squirrel caught leaving the scene of the crime...:rofl:

[​IMG]
  7. Mean_Green_95

Mean_Green_95 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

When I worked at Jiffy Lube I removed 13-14 walnuts out of a man's air filter housing. His was purely accidental, but I don't yours was accidental. I'm glad you got that out of there tho.
  8. Eddie Z71

Eddie Z71 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

We do the zip tie thing to. :lol:It's great for new guy's.
  9. redneckarmyMP

redneckarmyMP Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

same thing happened when i was doin a tune up on my ex's pontiac..looked like somthin was nesting in there
  10. TJbear

LOL. Well, however it happened, it had to be before I got the truck. Only had it since early in the month and the truck has always been secured when I wasn't around.....unless the squirrels are adept at breaking into vehicles and popping hoods, lol. :lol: