1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Chevrolet/Daewoo in USA

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by Bavarian, Nov 8, 2012.

Random Gallery Photos

1. Bavarian

Bavarian New Member

Hi,
    I would like to ask a question.
    Are in the USA some Europe Chevrolet/Daewoo models (like Captiva/Cruze) to buy and as they sell???
    In Germany we have only about 20-25 dealer who sells the "right" chevrolet (with v6or v8 engines) all other "chevrolet dealer" sells only cars like captiva and so we can`t buy parts for real Chevys/GMC´s...
    How is the parts supply for cars like captiva in USA?
    Thank`s, Martin
  2. lonelywolf858

lonelywolf858 New Member 100 Posts

I have only seen a few Captivas around. Anything you need made by a car manufacturer can be gotten at any dealership that carries those brands. It really isn't difficult to get parts for most cars even if they aren't being made anymore. The aftermarket over here is also enormous and you could usually get a comparable part for a lot less money.
  3. Conlan Rose

Conlan Rose Super Moderator 1000 Posts 100 Posts

My truck is 17 years old and anytime I randomly stop at Autozone they almost always have the part I need or can get it in by the end of the day. Also amazon.com almost always has the right AC Delco part for any GM vehicle sold usally by AC Delco. Anyway GM is smart and makes some parts fit several different models or engines even if they are from different generations.
  4. Bavarian

Bavarian New Member

In Germany, I can buy the important parts, but they are very expensive! (Oxygen Sensor for my Sierra-->85Euro!!!the same at RockAuto.com 30Euro with shipping)
    I think it´s intension of the German Country, we can not import a new diesel car (duramax, powerstroke, cummins) cause "angie" dont like that co2 emission...so we almost must buy a "old" diesel car,who has at least a daily registration in the USA, it´s unintelligible for me...