1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Chevrolet Suburban 4.5L Duramax HD Z71

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by PantheraUncia, Jan 2, 2013.

1. PantheraUncia

PantheraUncia Active Member 1000 Posts

In my adventures to the deep reaches of the web this came up and while I am not a "burb" person, I am sure a number of you will find this one interesting.....

http://www.leftlanenews.com/photos/...elds-suburban-diesel-hd-pickup-picture-4.html

"Chevrolet unveiled the one-off Suburban HD Z71 today at the SEMA show in Las Vegas to celebrate its 100th anniversary. But this 'burb is more than just a crazy paint job; it combines the basic body of a standard Suburban with GM's shelved 4.5-liter Duramax diesel and heavy-duty components from the automaker's Silverado HD trucks."

And a google search on that engine brings up this:

http://blogs.dieselpowermag.com/621...r-45-liter-half-ton-duramax-planned-for-2009/

I would so buy another Silverado 1500 if it had that engine in stead of a 5.3L or 6.2L Gas.

2. barefoot greg

barefoot greg New Member

I remember seeing this about a year ago, i was on google searching for images of Tahoes/ Suburbans with Silverado front clips ( 03- current as they aren't the same anymore).

Thought it was a good idea, but kind of like that ZR2 concept Silverado GM pumped out when Ford came out with the Raptor, they see more interest in getting everybody's attention at SEMA and other shows than actually putting vehicles into production.
  3. vncj96

vncj96 New Member 1000 Posts

There are shops that can do custom work to get a diesel in a suburban but as far as from the factory, I would say it will never happen again. 99% of suburban buyers now are families to big for minivans or like me despise front wheel drive. They are already easily attainable in the $50k range and by adding a diesel that would put another $10k on the tag for the engine and beefy tranny to handle the torque load. Plus lets face it, Americans are not that big into diesels as Europe is, and they are much harder to work on, especially in the modern age of Dmax.