Chevrolet suburban carbon fiber engine cover

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by gmtruck_hot, Jun 10, 2009.

1. gmtruck_hot

gmtruck_hot New Member

2. TRPLXL2

TRPLXL2 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

There are several members on here with carbon fiber pieces for the Silverado, and they are extremely nice fit and finish pieces for the engine. That cover shown looks like it's for the Silverado, I don't know if that's also what the suburban one looks like or not but I bet you could use one from a Silverado from 2004-2007 classic and it would fit. I only know of one company that makes them, otherwise a lot of people are talented enough to actually grind down the high spots and cover it with carbon fiber and make it look like that. I would bet that is a home made piece, but a beautiful job whoever did it.

3. gmtruck_hot

gmtruck_hot New Member

Anyone knows if Silverado and Suburban using the same engine cover. It is good to know stuff.

4. cascott325

cascott325 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

the suburban is a silverado

5. 04SilverChevy

04SilverChevy Rockstar 100 Posts

Hmm... that's pretty bad ass. I thought CF was just a sport compact thing.

I might have to snatch me up some CF pieces.

6. 04SilverChevy

04SilverChevy Rockstar 100 Posts

Holy hell.. i just relized it said 350 and not 150. That's steep.

7. zubbiez

zubbiez Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

I googled Carbon Fiber for silverado the other day,

I found several sources that had them for 169.00 I'd shop around alittle before throwing down 350.00

8. adampaul1964

adampaul1964 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I was wondering if anyone else noticed the price! Carbon fiber is sweet but way out of my league, I rather spend that kind of money on performance rather than a cover that nobody will see!

Last edited: Jun 10, 2009
  9. 99'HEARTBEAT

99'HEARTBEAT Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Its Nice but not for $300.00.:rolleyes:

10. gmtruck_hot

gmtruck_hot New Member

group buy

Maybe we can organize a group buy and see if we can get a deal from the seller.