Chevy 09 Z71 4x4 Leveling Kit.

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by Captainnsea, Jan 6, 2010.

1. Captainnsea

Captainnsea New Member

hey i was wondering about everyones opion on this. i want to either level my truck out or put a lift kit on. i really dont wanna drop 3k in lift kit then another 3k in tires. i was wondering what size tires i could put on my truck with just a levling kit. i wanna try and keep my stock rims but go to bigger size maybe? anybody had luck with installing this item. i am not very good in this department of installing it. who would i take this too? or would i lose my factory warranty as well?

2. Shooter

Shooter Rockstar 100 Posts

Just so you know if you put a kit on your truck you will void the factory warranty on it. I would call a couple of local dealers and ask them, but I am sure of it here in Buffalo. GM claims it wears out the ball joints and other front end parts prematurely.

3. brown_one

brown_one New Member

if it voids the warranty why does everyone do it?

4. KickerG

KickerG Rockstar

Here's a pic of my new 010 at the dealer and after I asked them to add the leveling kit

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. HD2DMAX

HD2DMAX Member

Looks great :great:, what leveling kit did they install?

6. KickerG

KickerG Rockstar

hehe...to be honest I don't have a clue, I told em "get her done" :rofl:

7. 09Z71BLKBST

09Z71BLKBST Rockstar 100 Posts

I second captains question. I would like to know what size tires i could fit too. I have been contemplating the leveling kit since i got the truck.

8. Shorty 71

Shorty 71 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

If you put a 2 inch leveling kit you will be able to run up to a 33 inch tire with a 18 in wheel. You can have installed for around $100 dollars and then whatever they charge to align it. Take to a offroad shop in your area and no it doesn't void your factory warranty. Readylift makes a good one.

9. chschevy58

chschevy58 Rockstar 100 Posts

it doesnt void the warranty. thats total B.S. im running a readylift 2.25" leveling kit that i got for $200 and installed myself. my sig says wat im running on.

10. Captainnsea

Captainnsea New Member

yeah i agree it has to void warrany as it cheanges out factory parts. i know that you can put 33 inch tires on. i have a seen a few pictures on this site that looks really good. there a guy on here that just put the new tires on his 09 with the leveling kit looks good. thinking about screwing the warranty and doing it. i just have to sell the tires to get the wife to agree. i only drive 5 miles a day on this truck anyways.