Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Chevy 09 Z71 4x4 Leveling Kit.

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by Captainnsea, Jan 6, 2010.

1. Captainnsea

Captainnsea New Member

hey i was wondering about everyones opion on this. i want to either level my truck out or put a lift kit on. i really dont wanna drop 3k in lift kit then another 3k in tires. i was wondering what size tires i could put on my truck with just a levling kit. i wanna try and keep my stock rims but go to bigger size maybe? anybody had luck with installing this item. i am not very good in this department of installing it. who would i take this too? or would i lose my factory warranty as well?

2. Shooter

Shooter Rockstar 100 Posts

Just so you know if you put a kit on your truck you will void the factory warranty on it. I would call a couple of local dealers and ask them, but I am sure of it here in Buffalo. GM claims it wears out the ball joints and other front end parts prematurely.

3. brown_one

brown_one New Member

if it voids the warranty why does everyone do it?

4. KickerG

KickerG Rockstar

Here's a pic of my new 010 at the dealer and after I asked them to add the leveling kit

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. HD2DMAX

HD2DMAX Member

Looks great :great:, what leveling kit did they install?

6. KickerG

KickerG Rockstar

hehe...to be honest I don't have a clue, I told em "get her done" :rofl:

7. 09Z71BLKBST

09Z71BLKBST Rockstar 100 Posts

I second captains question. I would like to know what size tires i could fit too. I have been contemplating the leveling kit since i got the truck.

8. Shorty 71

Shorty 71 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

If you put a 2 inch leveling kit you will be able to run up to a 33 inch tire with a 18 in wheel. You can have installed for around $100 dollars and then whatever they charge to align it. Take to a offroad shop in your area and no it doesn't void your factory warranty. Readylift makes a good one.

9. chschevy58

chschevy58 Rockstar 100 Posts

it doesnt void the warranty. thats total B.S. im running a readylift 2.25" leveling kit that i got for $200 and installed myself. my sig says wat im running on.

10. Captainnsea

Captainnsea New Member

yeah i agree it has to void warrany as it cheanges out factory parts. i know that you can put 33 inch tires on. i have a seen a few pictures on this site that looks really good. there a guy on here that just put the new tires on his 09 with the leveling kit looks good. thinking about screwing the warranty and doing it. i just have to sell the tires to get the wife to agree. i only drive 5 miles a day on this truck anyways.