GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

chevy 1500 2011 3'' suspension lift?

Discussion in 'Lifted & Offroad Suspension' started by Cotyb92, Sep 27, 2012.

1. Cotyb92

Cotyb92 New Member

hey every one im new to the forums. i have some questions. i was going to put a 3'' suspension lift on it. what are some of the faults to lifting it 3 '' or should i go with a leveling kit.
  2. sfdefender24

sfdefender24 New Member

well with a small lift like that some dont offer drop brackets for crossmembers, they only offer new spindles and struct spacers/ coilovers. you will only be able to fit 33s and some leveling kits you will also be able to fit 33s, never many level kits tho with be able to do that. if you are looking to run larger tires then 33s i would look into a 6" suspension lift. some brands to check out, Fabtech, Readylift, BDS, FTS, TCS, rough country(level kit only), pro comp.

Hope this helps
  3. Cotyb92

Cotyb92 New Member

im not sure on the brand of the lift the guy only said it was spacer for the front an blocks ont he back
  4. aloxdaddy99

aloxdaddy99 New Member

You will need longer shocks also.
    As sfdefender said you have to ask yourself what you intend to use the truck/lift for. Do you want to just put larger tires on for looks or are you wanting to do some offroading. If you just want to raise the truck so you can put larger tires on for looks a basic level kit will work. If you want to do some offroading you may want to look into a full on lift kit. I knew what I wanted to do with my truck so I kind of have the best of both worlds with the King Shocks kit. It raised the front of my truck like a level kit but also gives improved performance. Though not cheap it suited my needs perfectly. Had the Rancho 4" kit been available for my truck when I bought my level kit I would have gone that route. Skyjacker is making a 3" kit for the newer trucks which was also not an option at that time.
  5. tbplus10

tbplus10 Moderator

Pro Comp lifts just got real attractive, they started offering a 5 year warranty on some of their lifts, the warranty is designed to work with your trucks factory warranty so you wont have to worry about voiding the warranty or parts of it.
    I'm not normally one of Pro Comps bigger fans but this program sounds like it'll make it easier for new truck owners to decide to lift. One of the biggest questions about lifting a new truck is the warranty. the 4WPW website has info on this new program.
  6. Cotyb92

Cotyb92 New Member

how do i go about giting a 5 year warranty on pro comp stuff
  7. tbplus10

tbplus10 Moderator

go to procompusa.com/liftshield you should find all the information there on the 5 year 60,000 mile powertrain warranty.
    The site has information on the following:
    -What is Lift Shield
    -FAQ's
    -Complete list of Qualifying kits
    -Authorized Installers-Registration for Lift Shield-Terms and Conditions
  8. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member

That is very, very cool!
  9. tbplus10

tbplus10 Moderator

Ya know I thought so too, when I read the info I actually got a little excited about it, I think they may have found a way to convince a lot of owners to lift their new trucks.
    After reading the info provided on the website and comparing it to a couple of the factory approved conversion companies I think this plan does much more for a truck owner that lifts their truck.
    Also the list of approved shops isnt just 4WPW they've gone partners with some local shops.
  10. aloxdaddy99

aloxdaddy99 New Member

Hopefully more companies will offer this!
  11. suzukiracer

suzukiracer New Member

There are 2 brands of lifts that guy recommended that I like personally FTS (Full Throttle Suspension) and TCS (**** Custom Suspension) they ride smooth and they look sick as **** ... They are both located in california and will ship parts
  12. Pikey

Pikey Moderator

the warranty is pretty cool. I do like BDS a lot though. They don't do the powertrain warranty but they have a lifetime "no questions asked" warranty on all their lift kit components. Smash the truck, jump it, it does not matter if you bend or break a part of their kit they replace it.
  13. SouthEastBeast

SouthEastBeast New Member

I spent about a full year reviewing options and finally lifted my truck about two months ago... was soooo upset to see ProComp start offering this right after!!!! I went with Fabtech but this would have changed my mind. And now that I feel what the 35"s do to the 1500 series... oh yeah this woulda been the way to go. Actually, NEVERMIND. THE ONE STATE EXCLUDED FROM THE COVERAGE BY PROCOMP IS MINE!!! Why no love for Florida????
  14. Hempeler1994

Hempeler1994 New Member

hello! i am also new to the site and am also looking into putting a suspension lift in my 1994 Chevy Silverado C1500. id really like to lift my truck. Not going to lie, shes a pavement princess. Now I have many friends who have told me that there is all sorts of after install problems with whatever lift i put in. I was looking into a 3 inch rough country, but i have no idea! My buddy said his cv shafts kept going on his truck. But i havent seen any pictures since i guess they just came out with it. If any pictures or information please post!