1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Chevy 2500 Express ignition problem..

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by fusionflip, Apr 12, 2013.

Random Gallery Photos

1. fusionflip

fusionflip New Member

Hey yall... my Van is a 2002 Chevy 2500 express 3/4 ton V8.

today I went out to head for a job with my Van, and when i went to put the key in the ignition , dash lights came on for a split second and i turned the key in the on position, and it didint even try to start. then i turned the key back in the off position and when i removed the key, i started hearing this CLICKING noise, sounds like a relay trying to catch or something. so i did some research and found the part that was clicking. its a little black box with the ignition purple wiring leading to it right under my dash. so i found the part at GM dealership and changed the part (with the battery disconnected) hooked everything back up and the problem still occurred. Then!! i was thinking it could be the starting relay in the fuse box up front near the engine. changed that and still no change!

I noticed a few weeks ago that every other time i would turn the key in the on position, i would have to hold the key in the on position for about 1-2 seconds before it tried to start. well the problem got worse till eventually it would start anymore. so i changed the battery, it worked well for about 2 weeks, then the problem started again.

so now i'm kinda confused on what it could be. does anyone have any suggestions?
  2. donyms

donyms Active Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Welcome to the club, it's great to have you aboard. I am unable to help with your problem but I am sure someone will be along soon that can help you out. :glasses:
  3. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Welcome! :great:

Maybe a flat spot on the starter? It would explain the intermittent nature... and the clicking.
  4. retired2001

retired2001 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Welcome to the G M T C !