1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

chevy 5.3 modifications

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by countryboyz71, Sep 5, 2011.

Random Gallery Photos

1. countryboyz71

countryboyz71 New Member

Ok so i am lucky/fortunate enough to have gotten a 2011 silverado Z71 as my first ride. So i have already orderded a dual cat-back exhaust with a cherrybomb extreme muffler. I am now in the market for a high flow intake when i get the money along with a programer. I was thinking about a banks ram air intake and a bully dog GT programer. What do you guys think???
  2. BALTHIS

BALTHIS New Member

i got the xtreme muffler but with a custom y pipe back exhaust, with a diablo trinity, k&n cold air closed box, with a air aid tb spacer.

---------- Post added at 07:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:34 PM ----------

the bully dog gt does a really good job but idk about how the banks does on gas trucks but my cuzs duramax had the banks and it was bad to the bone
  3. Burden33

Burden33 New Member 100 Posts

im swapping my k&N cold air for a banks and im also running the hypertech max power programmer and its alot better. I should have my corsa db exhaust soon
    Last edited: Sep 6, 2011
  4. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

I'm running the Banks CAI in my '05. You can see it on my photo album. Get the Diablo Trinity instead of the BullyDog. The Trinity has better tunes and you can get a custom tune via e-mail from a tuner like DiabLew .com.
  5. taylor84

taylor84 New Member

is there a programmer out for trucks pre 2001? I've looked and haven't been able to find 1 for my 99
  6. 2k8z71

2k8z71 New Member 100 Posts

Could always get the LSxRT Manifold. It says it fits 4.8/5.3/6.0L engines. :)
    FAST
  7. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

taylor84, Diablo Preditor part # U7198 is for your truck.