1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Chevy Avalanche Owners Thread

Discussion in 'Chevy Avalanche Forum (Escalade EXT)' started by TrailLeadr, May 15, 2007.

1. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Moderator ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Post some pics.. A 2500 Very nice........ And your Tahoe on 37's... Gotta see it..
  2. avz66

avz66 New Member

still have mine 2002 with 86,600 had it 11 years
  3. Enkeiavalanche

Welcome Some old friends.... :gasp: That truck is not even broken in yet......
  4. pmf608

pmf608 Active Member 1000 Posts

Mine is a 2003. It currently has about 145,000km on it (about 90,000 miles). It will get to relax this summer though... using it for work last summer sure racked up the miles...
    [​IMG]

And every once in a while I put it to work. Not often now though with the new work truck. (This load was just going around the back of the house)
    [​IMG]
  5. FFLB

FFLB New Member

Hey everyone! Haven't posted much but have more time now.

Yes, I plan to keep my AV until it dies; and I might revive it then. Have a 127K mile '07 LT on a 2500 4X4 chassis that I bought used. Love the truck and am thinking of adding a K&N cold air intake on the 8.1L. Looking for info on similar mod to 8.1 and how it impacted power and mpg. I currently get 12 using regular fuel.
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2013
  6. pmf608

That's an interesting conversion. You should put some pictures and such up.

I'd ultimately like to have one of the 2007+ Avalanches on one of the 2007+ 2500 Suburban/Yukon XL frames. With a duramax.
  7. Enkeiavalanche

Check out AlaskaAv on the Avalanche sites.. He did it.. If your getting 12 MPG with a 8.1 be happy..
  8. pmf608

I'm pretty familiar with Alaska_Av's truck. It has always been interesting to me. As far as I can find though, he hasn't actually built a new style avalanche with a duramax.... Yet. Based on his habit of buying and fixing vehicles, I suspect it's only a matter of time. In the mean time, There's a lot of GMT900 Suburbans, tahoes & yukons out there with duramaxes in them, but I still can't find anyone who has swapped a 2500 frame and duramax engine into a GMT900 avalanche.

As a side note, I've given thought to the idea of selling my Avalanche, buying a 2500 and doing a duramax swap since I currently have a 2003 Sierra 3500 with a duramax. I could stick the 8.1 in the Sierra and resell it. BUT, I'm seriously looking at buying a gooseneck trailer for my business next month, and you just can't tow anywhere near the weight that would allow with an avalanche. The highest rated trailer hitch I have been able to find is rated for 15,000 pounds, which just can't compare to the 25,000 pounds my gooseneck hitch is rated for. So maybe I'll just keep my current avalanche and swap a 6.0 or 6.2 in at some point if I want the extra fun factor.
  9. Enkeiavalanche

10. Megasaurus

Megasaurus Member

What is that link to? :) haha